1. The Art of Elliott has a colossal rarity factor. 500 works from 5 decades is unusual for any artist, but for a photographer it is unheard of.
2. Each piece is exquisitely perfected and takes up to 407 hours of work to create. Quality keeps the numbers low.
3. Elliott pioneered one-offs and tiny editions of originals. Average edition is about 3. This enhances the rarity factor.
4 . This is art of outstanding, timeless stature. It has not dated at all. The true litmus test for great art.
5. Elliott pioneered the two most powerful and revolutionary art forms in history, Photo Art & Cyber Art. Way ahead of the pack.
6 . Elliott destroys images as he creates new ones, as part of an ongoing evolutionary process. So the canon is not expanding.
7. Elliott is a world class, master colour printer. Both darkroom and lightroom. He prints each piece personally on his own equipment.
8. Elliott and his work have an international reputation with formidable critical acclaim.
9. Elliott creates everything in his images himself. These are masterpieces not assistantpieces. This is not art by proxy.
10. Work shows extraordinary originality, creativity, profundity and beauty. Such a combination is rare.
11. Pieces have already sold for up to £25,500 ($40,000).
12. This Art has no historical precedent.
13. The art spans an incredible arc from madness and death to glamour, money, power, sex, beauty and love. This is unique in art.
14. Elliott's art is world famous and has been internationally influential.
15. Elliott started life as an artist and remains at the cutting edge of art today. He is not a commercial photographer.
16. Elliott does not allow proofs.
17. Elliott has an uninterrupted canon of photography, spanning over 50 years. The cyber art spans more than 30 years.
18. Unusually, the oeuvre is all in colour. Art photography in colour from the 1970s and 1980s is hard to find.
19. The art has startling, head-turning visual impact.
20. The work shows creative supremacy and technical virtuosity. A rare combination in any field of art.
JAMES ELLIOTT - Abbey Road - London